Procedure for export of spices to the European Union countries has been prescribed by DGFT vide Notification No. 32/2015-20, dt: 04/10/2017 which essentially states as follows:
- O. (E) In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 3 of the Foreign Trade (Development & Regulation) Act, 1992 (No.22 of 1992), a mended, read with Para 1.02 of the Foreign Trade Policy, 2015-20, the Central Government hereby makes the following amendment, with immediate effect, in Schedule 2 of ITC (HS) Classification of Export & Export & Import Items relating to export of spices to the European Union Countries.
- A new entry at SI. No. 54B shall be inserted in Chapter 09 of Schedule 2 of ITC (HS) Classification of Export & Import Items as follows:
COFFEE, TEA, MATE AND SPICES
|SI No.||Traffic Item HS Code||Unit||Item Description||Export Policy||Policy Condition|
|54B||All Codes pertaining to the spices under Chapter 09 of Schedule 1 (Import Policy) of ITC(HS) Classification of Export and Import Items, 2017||Kg||All spices under Chapter 09 of Schedule 1 (Import Policy) of ITC(HS) Classification of Export and Import Items, 2017||Free||(a)The spices Board India is designated as the competent authority to issue Health Certificates to export of spices;
(b)The spices Board India shall issue such export certification within a period of 48 to 72 hours after receiving the sample from the exporter.
- “Spice” means a group of vegetable products (including seeds, etc.), rich in essential oils and aromatic principals, and which, because of their taste, are mainly used as condiments. These products may be whole or in crushed or powdered form.
- The addition of other substances to spices shall not affect their inclusion in spices provided the resulting mixtures retain the essential character of spices and spices also provided products commonly known as “masalas”.
- All future amendment / revision on classification of items, items description, HS Codes etc. of spices (except policy) under Chapter 09, Schedule 1 (Import Policy) of ITC(HS) Classification of Export and Import Items, 2017 shall also apply for the purpose of export of spices.