In context to the requirement of original duty paying documents furnished with reference to the claim of drawback being endorsed (defaced) by the verifying officer with the extent of utilization for the brand rate application CBEC has decided to rationalize the revised simplified procedure as follows( CIRCULAR NO:54/2016 ; 22/11/2016) –
- The working sheet (submitted by applicant with brand rate fixation claim) showing the drawback amount, each document wise, in support of claim, shall bear –
- a declaration signed by applicant “It is declared that the details in this working sheet are correct and original duty paid documents shown herein have been endorsed/defaced to the extent of utilization under this brand rate fixation claim”, and
- a certificate from an independent Cost Accountant/Chartered Accountant “It is verified that the details in this working sheet are correct and that the original duty paid documents shown herein have been endorsed/defaced to the extent of utilization under this brand rate fixation claim by the applicant”; and
- Applicant shall file self-attested copies of the duty paid documents (like bills of entry, invoice etc.) carrying their self endorsement/defacement to the extent of utilization under the brand rate fixation claim.
- Based on the above, –
- in future applications made under the revised simplified brand rate scheme the requirement of submitting original duty paying documents for endorsing/defacement by verifying officer during post-facto checking stage shall be dispensed except to the extent of random cross-verification of not more than 5 per cent originals of the self-attested copies of the total duty paid documents. The random selection shall be based on dynamic and relevant risk parameters as indicated by the Commissioner;
- with respect to existing applications under the revised simplified brand rate scheme where brand rate letter is not yet issued or where it has been issued but post-facto verification is pending, the applicant may choose either to-
- continue with the extant procedures; or
- have the requirement of submitting original duty paying documents dispensed (subject to random cross-verification of originals) provided they self-endorse/deface the duty paid documents to the extent of utilization under the brand rate fixation and resubmit the working sheet with the above cited declaration and certificate.
firstname.lastname@example.org ; +91-9810936720