Exim Bank’s Line of Credit of USD 76.50 million to the Government of the Republic of Malawi


Dated 25th July 2013

Reserve Bank of India vide its Notification No. RBI/2012-13/474 dated April 9, 2013 issued to All Category – I Authorised Dealer Banks Notified the following:

Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) has concluded an Agreement dated December 13, 2012 with the Government of the Republic of Malawi, for making available to the latter, a Line of Credit (LOC) of USD 76.50 million (USD Seventy six million five hundred thousand) for financing eligible goods, services, machinery and equipment including consultancy services from India for the purpose of a) development of irrigation network under greenbelt initiative; b) setting up of refined sugar processing equipment in Salima under greenbelt initiative; and (c) development of fuel storage facilities in Malawi. The goods, services, machinery and equipment including consultancy services from India for exports under this Agreement are those which are eligible for export under the Foreign Trade Policy of the Government of India and whose purchase may be agreed to be financed by the Exim Bank under this Agreement. Out of the total credit by Exim Bank under this Agreement, the goods and services including consultancy services of   the value of at least 75 per cent of the contract price shall be supplied by the seller from India and the remaining 25 percent goods and services may be procured by the seller for the purpose of Eligible Contract from outside India.

The Credit Agreement under the LOC is effective from March 13, 2013 and the date of execution of Agreement is December 13, 2012. Under the LOC, the last date for opening of Letters of Credit and Disbursement will be 48 months from the scheduled completion date(s) of contract(s) in the case of project exports and 72 months (December 12, 2018) from the execution date of the Credit Agreement in the case of supply contracts.

Shipments under the LOC will have to be declared on GR / SDF Forms as per instructions issued by the Reserve Bank from time to time.

No agency commission is payable under the above LOC. However, if required, the exporter may use his own resources or utilize balances in his Exchange Earners’ Foreign Currency Account for payment of commission in free foreign exchange. Authorised Dealer Category- l (AD Category-l) banks may allow such remittance after realization of full payment of contract value subject to compliance with the prevailing instructions for payment of agency commission.

SOURCE: RESERVE BANK OF INDIA

 

Advertisements

About neeraj prasad

contact me on neeraj001@gmail.com if you wish to have any clarification !!
This entry was posted in Reserve Bank of India and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s